Friday, October 28, 2011

Bhagnani wants to launch new face opposite son Jackky





After A-list actresses turned down a film with Jackky Bhagnani, producer father Vashu Bhagnani has decided to go ahead and make the film with a new face.


An all-India hunt has been launched for a face to star opposite Jackky in the film, which will be directed by Rajkumar Santoshi.

Senior Bhagnani said: "I made one flop and then a superhit with my son. `F.A.L.T.U` had no big names playing the leads, yet it worked. It`s the script that finally works. How many times do we need to be reminded of this?"

"I read a report that I had offered Katrina Kaif Rs.20 crore to work with my son. Which insane producer would offer that kind of money to any actress? Wouldn`t I be better off using that money to make sure my son`s film is well-made?

"I`ve known Katrina from the time she came into the industry. I had offered her `Out Of Control` opposite Riteish Deshmukh. She had turned it down. But we remained on cordial terms since then. If I thought Katrina to be suitable for a part, I`d ask her."

Bhagnani feels it is demeaning for a producer of his standing to be going from door-to-door looking for a leading lady for his son.

"There`re just four-five big-name heroines. We need at least a dozen more girls. Rajji has auditioned 30-35 girls. We`ll soon finalise a girl for Jackky`s film," he said adding that he has pledged to produce three films in the coming year for his son.


"Not that I don`t want to work with other actors. Sajid Khan is directing Ajay Devgn for my banner next year. In addition, I`d be happy to work with Riteish Deshmukh, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan all my life.

"But with my son, it`s a different equation. He is naturally special for me. And he has given a hit for my banner. He`s hard-working and a talented boy. So why not? I`ve three films on the anvil with Jackky. After Raj Kumar Santoshi there`s a film to be directed by Milap Jhaveri. There`s also the sequel to `F.A.L.T.U` that Remo D`Souza is working on."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More