Saturday, December 10, 2011

'The stress added ten years to my age': FHM India's 'naked' covergirl claims she was threatened after claiming shoot was doctored




The Pakistani model at the centre of the FHM India row says the stress caused by the scandal has aged her.
Veena Malik is suing the publishers of the magazine claims cover was doctored to make her appear nude when she actually posed in clothes.


But she revealed today that since launching her lawsuit, she has been threatened in an attempt to get her to drop it.
The 33-year-old told the Mail Online: 'I feel completely cheated. They've added ten years to my age. 'They threatened to sue me if I don't keep quiet.'
She also claims the editor-in-chief Kabeer Sharma and the journalist who interviewed her refused to respond to her calls following the release of the issue, despite being in daily contact with them prior to the shoot.


FHM India is owned by Maxposure, separate to the UK-owned FHM, which is published by Bauer Media.


Since then, Malik says she has received a legal notice from FHM India which she claims was 'aggressive' in tone, and she says threatened her with character defamation if she did not retract her allegations.


Malik said: 'I did not sign any contract and refused to until I was given final approval of the images. I was never sent the pictures but I was assured they were the same shots taken on the shoot in November.


'I was cool with those pictures because I felt they were artistic and beautiful. They should have waited for my authorisation but they didn't.


'There was only one week between the shoot and publication - they were obviously in a rush to print them without my consent.'


The model, who is currently in Mumbai filming, has since been disowned by her father, who said he wishes his daughter to be punished.


Veena said: 'Of course I am sad and upset but hopeful too, when I go back home, I will sit down and make him understand.


'I want to speak to my father in person, my family know the kind of person I am and would never go against the personal rules I set myself.


'I am still speaking to my mother and sister, they know what the reality is, but they are upset about the way it was projected in the media.


'The way the media is projecting it, calling it a nude shoot, the shoot is not a nude shoot.'


The 33-year-old also revealed she has already been approached by an international agency in the past to do nude images.


She said: 'I was approached in the past to do nude shots for money and I refused. So why would I accept to do that for FHM India for free?'




Despite the fallback, Malik claims she is still being supported by her fans - and wouldn't rule out a nude shoot in the future.


She said: ' I'm a very strong person. If I did something like that, I would stand by my actions. 


'Would I pose nude In the future? Who knows what will happen tomorrow.'


Sharma vehemently denies the pictures are doctored and that the model has been threatened, insisting Malik has given contradictory accounts of the shoot.


He said: 'It's important to note Ms Malik has been dragging the magazine's name through muck by making false and baseless allegations and we look at it very, very seriously. 


'I invite Ms Malik to furnish one shred of evidence, SMS or a witness to support her allegations which are as concocted as the ones she's been making all week.


'No one in FHM has had any conversation with Ms Malik directly or indirectly to make this "imagined threat".


'The one message that was sent to her was one that told her she could call the office landline if she wanted to have a conversation. 


'Ms Malik was more than comfortable with the filming, it was only when the cover and the grenade shots were done was the videographer asked to stop filming to make the team more comfortable (not her). 


'She did not even once ask him to stop filming.'


Malik claims no such video was taken and that when she noticed filming taking place, when she was fully clothed she asked them to stop as it was not in line with the previous agreement to only shoot images.


But Miss Malik is no stranger to controversy. 


In January she attacked attacked hardline clerics in Pakistan who demand modest Muslims should be suitably covered at all times.


She also launched a stringent attack on honour killings, highlighting that women were always the target and not men.


After making her name has a star in 'Lollywood' movies -  the term used to describe films made in Lahore - she found greater fame when she took part in Big Boss 4, the Indian version of Big Brother, last year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More