Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kate Winslet’s ex-boyfriend claims he was ‘not treated well’



Kate Winslet’s former lover, Louis Dowler, is yet to come to terms with the break up and the way he was so brutally discarded. 

Nearly three months after he was unceremoniously dumped by the Oscar winning actress when she took up with Richard Branson’s party-loving nephew, Dowler admitted that it was “still very raw” for him.

“I don’t think Kate behaved well and it is still very raw for me,” the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.

The 35-year-old had apparently gone for a romantic holiday with Dowler to Branson’s Caribbean hideaway on Necker Island this summer.

However, while Kate was hailed as a hero for rescuing Sir Richard’s mother, Eve, from the fire which engulfed the luxurious retreat, Dowler was devastated when the trip ended with the actress flying to New York with Ned Abel Smith.

“I was in love with her and you can’t switch that off overnight,” Dowler said.

“I’m not sure Kate treated me well,” he said.

Meanwhile, Abel Smith, who eccentrically changed his name by deed poll some years ago to Ned RocknRoll, subsequently informed his wife, Eliza Pearson, the daughter of multi-millionaire Viscount Cowdray, that he had fallen for the Titantic star.

While Pearson took it on the chin and decided to divorce him, Dowler is still struggling with what happened.

“Kate came home with me to Cornwall and we just hung out together. 
“She met my parents and family.

“I thought we were inseparable. I certainly haven’t found anyone else since,” he said. 

The Burberry model says that at first he was blissfully happy with Kate when they met after her split from film director husband Sam Mendes, spending time at her 2.5 million pounds New York apartment.
Dowler, who was at a party for the Omega boutique at the new Westfield shopping centre in East London, revealed that their break-up wasn’t straight forward.

“I don’t want to go into details but it wasn’t a straight forward break-up.

“I’m a laid-back guy, so I am not walking around with a long face — but I do still hold a torch for her,” he added. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More