Saturday, November 5, 2011

‘Rockstar’ is not at all influenced by west: Ranbir Kapoor





 For all those who believe that Ranbir Kapoor’s grungy looks in song ‘Saadda Haq’ from Imtiaz Ali’s ‘Rockstar’ mimic Nirvana’s frontman Kurt Cobain, here is some news!


Apparently, Ranbir’s character Janardan aka Jordan is very much Indian. Talking to a daily, the actor said, “This is a completely original character that Imtiaz Ali has written. Jordan is not at all influenced by west. He is a Hindi speaking, desi jaat boy from the bylanes of Delhi, who is just infatuated by this whole idea of becoming a rockstar.”

In fact, Ranbir learnt guitar to make his rockstar act look convincing. “When Imtiaz offered this role to me, I understood that to play this character with conviction, I’d have to learn the guitar and be required to be involved in the music making of the film. So, I learnt the guitar about two months before the film started. I could not learn it from scratch so we concentrated only on the songs,” he said.

Well he can act and strum, will he sing too? “I can now but it’s really unfortunate for me that as an actor I cannot sing. But yes, I’m pursuing it. I have a guitar teacher who has been with me through this film and I’m continuing to practice with him. So, I hope I could become a real rockstar at some point in time but right now I’m very far from it,” he reveled.

For Ranbir, ‘Rockstar’ is all about “pure and spiritual love” as he finally added, “There is always that one person in our lives who we deeply love and that person can also destroy us. But, it also makes us who we are. ‘Rockstar’ is about that person’s journey.” 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More