Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dita Von Teese redefines sexy and gives tips on looking uniquely beautiful





Dita Von Teese has redefined sexy in her own way and given her feminist critics a message too.

The 39-year-old burlesque model recently spoke on sex, books, feminism and why sexiness in a woman has nothing to do with men, and also gave a few tips on looking uniquely beautiful.


‘‘Being sexy is not about what men want, or how young you are or how your body looks or how much money you have,’’ the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Von Teese as saying. 

‘‘It’s a certain inner confidence, a comfort level when you’ve learned something about yourself, what makes you happy …’’

And the fact that 80 percent of her show tickets are bought by women, thrills Von Teese. 

‘‘I say to those who say I’m anti-feminist, ‘How can you say that when my audience is overwhelmingly female? You can’t say that what I do is just for the pleasure of men and I’m being exploited.’”




‘‘I don’t fit into most of the modern stereotypes of what beauty is,’’ she 

‘‘Look at the cover of Sports Illustrated,” she said.

‘‘That idea of creating glamour and beauty interests me more, of working hard to achieve something you were not born with. Then it becomes more special.’’ 

‘‘This is what my female fan-base discovers, that you don’t have to be skinny-skinny to be sexy, you don’t have to be born with it, you can get in the spirit of what I’m on about with a radical game of dress-ups. Set your hair in curlers, put on some red lipstick … see what it’s like to feel unique,’’ she added. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More