Sunday, June 5, 2011

Akshay Kumar: I am scared of doing stunts

 

The Khiladi admitted that even though stunts are his passion, doing them comes with a healthy dose of fear

Akshay Kumar has done almost every stunt possible – from fighting sumo wrestlers to jumping from aeroplanes – and is even urging contestants to perform difficult stunts on Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 4, but that doesn’t mean the actor has become blase about it. In fact, he admitted yesterday after performing a car stunt live for the media, that such daredevilry still scares him and he always chants the Gayatri Mantra before performing a stunt.“Stunts are my life. If I had not become an actor, I would probably have been a stuntman. I am proud to say I have never used a stuntman or a double. I too feel scared when I have to do a stunt, but it is good fear.” That’s why, he says, he was very strict with the contestants. “I have taken good care of them, but I have been rough with them too. I had to be true to the fact that they have to overcome their fear.” He recalled an incident from his early Bollywood days when he was learning horse riding so he could jump from one. He didn’t get it right the first time, but his instructor urged him to go ahead and try it again because if he didn’t, he would develop a phobia and would never be able to face a horse again. So Akshay did it and was able to ride a horse for KKK4, too. Attaboy, Akki!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More